The Napster IPTV Forum|  

Go Back   The Napster IPTV Forum| > Welcome Center > General Chit Chat - Any Topic

:::: EXPRESS IS DOWN ::: NO CREDIBLE INFORMATION AT THIS TIME ::: UPDATE AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE ::::

Old 01-10-2017, 04:39 AM

badmas is on a distinguished road

i wonder if dns services like unlocator or unblockus can work to fix freezing.....

EDIT: nvm, vpn seems to be the only solution atm...
Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM

vhl71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondor View Post
I can confirm tablewo is in fact correct.

Shaw Cable has indeed, rate limited all known IPTV services such as Voodoo, IPTV express, IP Guys etc. What they are doing is basically throttling any traffic sent to these destinations.

Calling in and talking to regular support will not do any good, as normally customer service reps are unaware of any of the behind the scenes networking/monitoring.

If you want an easy work around simply tunnel any of your IPTV traffic through a VPN provider.

I would also suggest contacting CRTC or any other organization you can, as currently there is no legislation allowing them to filter or rate limit any IP's.

I also reside in Calgary, and have tunneled all my traffic through a VPN successfully. All IPTV services are working using this method.

Best of luck folks

If ive a vpn Service how do I channel only the iptv traffic through that? Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 AM

yycnewf is on a distinguished road

Which VPN provider do you use?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 PM

ipcalgar is on a distinguished road
Default @kondor

can you share how you set up the vpn to tunnel iptv traffic?

Also are you paying for a vpn service or doing off your router?

Just a heads, Shaw's regional services team has been notified and there is ticket open with now.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM

kondor is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post
If ive a vpn Service how do I channel only the iptv traffic through that? Any help would be appreciated
If you are looking for a quick and dirty method to segregate your home lan traffic and your MAG/IPTV traffic i would suggest the following:

Purchase a VPN service that supports OPENVPN. Then purchase a second router that supports an OPENVPN client. Such as the ASUS routers. They support this out of box.

Next plugin your new router into one of the ports on your existing router. Make sure when you setup the new router it uses your existing one as its next hop by setting your default gateway as the existing default gateway of your LAN. Plug something into your new router to see if you have internet connectivity. And verify everything is working correctly. DHCP, DNS etc...

Once this step is completed and working go to the routers menu and configure the openvpn client with your VPN service providors information.

Then plug your MAG/IPTV source into this router and voila your traffic is now segregated and encrypted over a VPN or your choice.

There are several other ways to achieve this as well. Using a older router that supports custom firmware DD-WRT. Flash it and it also supports OPENVPN clients.

Cheers!

Kondor
Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycnewf View Post
Which VPN provider do you use?
Entirely up to you, i would suggest doing some reading on Reddit for best VPN providers, and make your choice from there.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipcalgar View Post
can you share how you set up the vpn to tunnel iptv traffic?

Also are you paying for a vpn service or doing off your router?

Just a heads, Shaw's regional services team has been notified and there is ticket open with now.
Please look above this reply you will see a few suggestions i have thrown out there.

Yes i am paying for VPN service. It is worth getting regardless of what shaw is doing to cripple the traffic.

Care to share how you came to receive this news?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:57 PM

Default Shaw

My cousin works at Shaw. He has been to 50 or so homes with the same issue.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipcalgar View Post
My cousin works at Shaw. He has been to 50 or so homes with the same issue.
Thanks for the info!

The odds are astronomical, that all these services in different locations are suddenly affected on only one provider without someones manual intervention causing this on purpose. Many US ISP's are already doing the same, such as Comcast. I am willing to bet this doesn't get "resolved".

Kondor
Old 01-10-2017, 01:11 PM

VPN might be the best way.